New Pathways: Covid-19 Response
We would like to assure our clients and communities that, in light of the Government and Public Health guidance around Coronavirus, New Pathways are absolutely committed to providing as full a service as possible, keeping the well-being of our clients, staff and volunteers our top priority.
Client Services we are providing:
- All our phone lines continue to operate, and we continue to provide a point of contact for our clients and partners as usual.
- Almost all counselling and advocacy appointments have been rearranged to telephone or skype.
- We are continuing to support new referrals.
- Our teams are contacting everyone on the waiting list and people who were previously engaged in groups, and conducting assessments, check-ins and brief solution focussed sessions with people.
- We have a range of self-help resources that we are sending out.
- Our ISVAs are continuing to support all clients remotely.
- SARC Services: Forensic medical services are continuing to offer a 24/7 service at the moment, following the Faculty of Forensic & Legal Medicine guidelines.
- Crisis Workers are continuing to support people during examinations.
- Our Anti-Human-Trafficking Advocates are continuing to support their clients remotely and are able to take new referrals for assessments.
- Our training team are busy adapting training delivery, where it is suitable, to online versions and webinars.
Working with our staff:
It has been great to see the camaraderie and commitment of our teams as they transition to home working. To support them in his change, we have initiated daily Teams calls, weekly update bulletins, daily self-care tips and ‘peer buddy’ groups. We have also ensured clinical supervision is available to all. Many of our staff and volunteers have also volunteered their time to use their skills to help the elderly in the local community.
If you need support in any way, please do get in touch with us and we will do our best to help. We have phone bases still operating in four areas, but please be assured we will offer the same support whichever number you ring and wherever in Wales you are based.
Merthyr: 01685 379310 Cardiff: 02920 220390
Newport: 01633 250205 Aberystwyth: 01970 610124
We encourage any stakeholders to get in touch via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Something good to come out of this difficult situation is the care and support that people are showing to each other – we are in this together!
CEO, New Pathways