New Pathway’s Children’s & Young Person’s Project has a dedicated team of Counsellors who work with clients who are under the age of 18. All of the Counsellors working on this project are very experienced and have specific qualifications in counselling children and young people, using a range of therapies including art, music and play therapies.
Our Children’s & Young Person’s Project provides generic counselling, which means that people can talk about anything that is troubling them. Some of the things that people talk to our Counsellors about include:
- A recent incident or assault that has left you feeling shocked or frightened.
- Someone who may have harmed or hurt you in the past.
- Anyone who may be hurting you now.
- Problems with relationships
- Being bullied or being a bully
- Parents separation
- Worrying about school/college work or exams
- Feeling alone and not understood
- Sexual issues
- Feeling angry and getting into trouble
- Someone you care about has died
- Harming yourself
- Generally feeling unhappy
- Taking drugs
- Wanting to run away
- Not liking the way you look
- Suicidal thoughts
There may be other reasons for wanting to talk to a Counsellor, which may not be on this list, so whatever the reason we are here to listen.
“The whole family is happier now that our daughter is happier. We feel that she has moved forward and we’ve got a happy little girl again. Before we came to New Pathways we were all desperate to help her but we didn’t know how.”
Mother of a 10 year old counselling client
We also provide a range of other services for Children and Young People including Group Therapy, Advocacy & Support, Family Therapy and Themed Workshops. For more information on these services please click on the link to our Children’s and Young Person’s Project.
For more information on how to refer yourself or someone else to our Children’s and Young Person’s Counselling Service please contact our head office on 01685 379310 or download a referral form and return it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to our head office: Willow House, 11 Church Street, Merthyr Tydfil CF47 0BW.