If you have been affected by rape, sexual abuse or sexual assault
we are here for you.
You are not alone. We will believe you. We can support you.
Life beyond sexual violence.
How can New Pathways help?
- We provide specialist support for adults, children and young people who have been affected by rape, sexual assault or abuse.
- We offer face to face, online and telephone services.
- We have centres for face to face services across south, west and mid Wales.
If it happened in the last 10 days
If it happened more than 10 days ago
What can I expect from your services?
- We are compassionate. Our services are confidential and we will believe you.
- We are knowledgeable. We have worked with people affected by sexual violence for nearly 30 years and are highly experienced.
- We are inclusive. We support people of all ages, genders, social backgrounds, ethnic backgrounds, religions and beliefs, disabilities and sexual orientations. Some people are not aware that sexual violence services can support men or non-binary people, but our services are for everyone.
Counselling and Wellbeing
Crisis and ISVA Services
How do I know you are the right service for me?
- We have created a section about what sexual violence is, to answer any questions you may have. You can also contact us if you are unsure.
- The first step is often the hardest, and we understand it can be difficult to reach out. Our current and past clients have shared their stories to support you to take that step.
- When you feel ready, we can help you to access the support that is right for you.
What is sexual violence?
Stories of lived experience
Latest News and Updates
We are incredibly excited that we have updated our website. The very one you’re reading this on! This update has been 18 months in development and our aims in creating this new website wer […]
Monday August 1, 2022
15,426 reasons to be proud
The SURE for Mental Health project at New Pathways has run for over 5 years, with the most recent Community Project drawing to a close in May 2022. This project really has created a lasting lega […]
Monday July 25, 2022
Peer on peer sexual harassment among learners – Senedd Report
On 13th July, The Children, Young People and Education Committee of the Senedd published their report on peer-on-peer sexual harassment, following a short inquiry, with feedback and statistics c […]
Friday July 15, 2022
How To Be Well In A World That Is Sick
At New Pathways, we’re proud supporters of promoting recovery from trauma through the creative arts. Creativity can create meaning and connection, and create awareness and conversations around […]
Thursday April 14, 2022
A day in the life of a counselling tutor
A Day in my Life as a Counselling Tutor by Sara Childs How my day begins I have three boys at school, so I try to get up before everybody and get a short workout and a meditation in on good days […]
Monday December 6, 2021
Messages of Hope for Mid-Wales
Since March this year, some New Pathways staff and clients have been working on a project to reduce stigma around sexual violence and encourage people in Mid-Wales to come forward for help. This […]
Tuesday October 12, 2021
Counselling Volunteer Training
Our volunteer counsellors are an essential and valued part of our service offering. They counsel clients directly, allowing us to serve more people and giving volunteers experience in specialise […]
Saturday July 3, 2021
Day in the life of a safeguarding lead
During Safeguarding Adults Week, we have taken a snapshot in a day of the life of our Designated Safeguarding Lead at New Pathways, Barbara Nurse. A Day in my Life as New Pathways’ Safegua […]
Tuesday November 17, 2020
Day in the life of an ISVA
Have you always wondered what our ISVAs do on a day-to-day basis? Following the recent accreditation of our ISVA team through LimeCulture, we follow a day in the life of one of our ISVAs, Sara […]
Friday October 23, 2020
ISVA Quality Standards Award
We are proud to announce that we have been awarded the LimeCulture Adult ISVA and Children and Young Person’s ISVA Services Quality Standards. Our dedicated team of ISVAs (Independent Sexual V […]
Friday October 23, 2020