Male Consultancy Panel
We recently held the first meeting of the Male Consultancy Panel. These meetings are part of our ongoing initiatives to involve more male clients in looking at the shape of services offered by New Pathways.
The meeting was very productive with some great insights. The discussion focussed around:
- How hard it can be for male victims to access support. Many people are not aware of the support that is available. There were discussions about using the media to spread awareness and the stigma that still exists.
- New Pathways’ application for the Male Service Standards. This was seen as a very positive step, demonstrating New Pathways’ commitment to male clients.
- A review of New Pathways’ Strategic Plan.
- Opportunities for New Pathways to shout about what it does, its successes and its plans for the future.
- Ways in which New Pathways can be flexible in its service provision in order to most effectively support male clients.
- Additional services that New Pathways could develop to support clients and their families.
If you are male and a current client or ex-client of New Pathways and would like to be part of our next panel meeting, please get in touch via: Helen.Stacey@newpathways.org.uk